I am undertaking a coast to coast bike ride on the 7th June – this Thursday, so whilst the you will all be working or sunning yourselves, I will be peddling like mad to cover the 250 miles between Holyhead and Cardiff in support of Alder Hey Hospital and Children’s Charity – https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/ssabcc – I will be doing this with my local cycling club SSABCC – Southport Sausage and Bacon Cycling Club named that because none of us are amazing cyclists we just do it to enjoy a little time out and banter on a Saturday morning with a large butty half way.
Personally, I don’t consider myself an athlete, funny enough nor does anyone who knows me 😀. This ride will therefore be very challenging and my longest ride by far, with 2 X Category “1” Climbs as we take on Snowdonia and Brecon Beacons to name just two severe areas. So lots of hills, huge climbs, over 250 miles. Meaning very sore legs, shoulders and needless to say the thought of getting pretty saddle-sore is not up there on my bucket list.!
So why sponsor me today and help Alder Hey Hospital and the charity.?
- they help Children all across the UK
- In 1944 they were the first to successfully test Penicillin on a child (How many of us have used or given Penicillin to our children)
- Over 170,000 operations every year, a world class UK Facility specifically designed for those we value most – Our Children
And if you want some more reasons have a look here at some stories of individual children
- For Jacob’s story Click Here
- For Isabelle and Alayna’s story click Here
- For Harry’s story Click Here
You can check out the charity website here https://www.alderheycharity.org/what-we-do/what-we-do-in-research-innovation-and-education/ or
Watch the video about the hospital here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JrIuAhGer8&feature=youtu.be
So as with any charity event you may have some questions, so I have tried to answer them below.
- All the money goes to the Charity – We have paid for our own accommodation food and support for the event.
- The charity page “MyDonate” by BT has been vetted and is the best for not charging the charities for collecting the money.
- I won’t badger you every month for another charity donation – yes once a year I do something last year was for Cancer this is year is for Alder Hey.
The page below allows you to donate any amount you feel comfortable with, and don’t forget to tick the gift aid box if applicable. Please give a little something in support of this cause and in return I promise to put myself through the sweat, toll and pain required to finish this cycle.
You can donate at this link through the “BT MyDonate” Webpage provided by BT and all the money goes straight to the charity https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/ssabcc
My personal thanks for any donation given, small or large. I will be very grateful for your support to assist the charity and help the children – when they need that extra support..!!
Kindest Regards and Thanks
Andy Macgregor of Face 4 Buiness